Sunday, January 31, 2021

Tall trees and falling snow.

These are the last of the snow day photos. First, at Oyster Bay where the rain had washed the snow away already, but a few flakes were falling still.

"My" tree; I've taken umpteen photos of it, from my usual parking spot in Oyster Bay. This one, in B&W; it was that kind of afternoon.

On the Elk Falls trail, an hour later.

It was no longer snowing at Elk Falls, but every few minutes, a purely localized shower of snow fell from the upper branches. There's one here, just to the right of centre.

And on to other things: this afternoon, I found some amazing slime molds. Photos tomorrow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Estas son las últimas fotos del día de la nieve. La primera fue en Oyster Bay, donde la lluvia ya había lavado toda la nieve de los árboles, aunque todavía caían algunos copitos. El árbol es el que veo al llegar al estacionamiento, y ya he sacado muchas fotos, en todas las estaciones del año.

La segunda foto fue tomada una hora más tarde en el sendero hacia las cataratas. Ya no nevaba, pero frecuentemente la nieve detenida en las ramas superiores se caía, haciendo nevadas muy localizadas. En la foto, cae del árbol en el centro; mira al lado derecho.

Terminamos con la nieve, y ahora, cambio de tema. Hoy en la tarde, encontré unos organismos maravillosos; para mañana habrá fotos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger