Showy mushrooms! Amanita muscaria in a neighbour's lawn beside an arbutus tree. With oak leaves.
![]() |
| Fly agaric; gorgeous but deadly. |
![]() |
| The whitish "warts" on the cap are the remains of the universal veil, which spread out as the mushroom cap stretches. |
![]() |
| Button and oak leaves. |
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Los primeros hongos de la temporada; muy llamativos. Amanita muscaria en el césped de amigos, bajo un madroño, Arbutus menziesii. Con hojas del roble del vecino.
Este hongo es venenoso y alucinógeno. Los restos del velo universal cubren los botones nuevos, y se separan mientras crece el hongo. En inglés los llamamos "verrugas".




No comments:
Post a Comment
I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.
Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!