Saturday, January 30, 2021

Snowbirds and turkey tails

I thought at first it was a flock of birds. But then again, maybe not. Unless they're white-headed penguins. Is there such a thing? Ducks? Geese?

Snowbirds, anyhow.

Frozen eagles?

Ok, I'll be sensible. Here's a plain old fence.

The greenish patches on the tree are lichen. The green on the fence are algae.

And some log ends.

With polypore fungi. And snow.

And on this one, there are turkey tail fungi, an orange jelly fungi, lichens, and moss.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Primera foto. Parecen pájaros. Pinguinos de cabeza blanca, tal vez. ¿Existe tal cosa? Bueno, si no, serán patos. O gansos. ¿O águilas congeladas? ¿Los famosos pájaros invernales canadienses?

OK, dejando a un lado las tonterías. Segunda foto: una cerca con algas verdes. Lo verde claro en el tronco del árbol son líquenes. El alga verde siempre tiene un color verde fuerte.

Tercera: un tronco caído con hongos poliporos.

Cuarta: otro tronco; este lleva hongos "cola de guajolote", hongos de gelatina anaranjada, líquenes, y un poco de musgo.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger