Thursday, August 20, 2026

Well met

It was another hot day. I was out by the dam on Upper Campbell Lake, and the sun was vicious. When I stopped in a bit of shade on the trail, there was a robin resting under the leaves a couple of steps away. And she didn't mind my company; I sat on my log, she sat on hers; we're fellow shade lovers.

Robin with crisp, toasted leaves underfoot.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hacía calor. Yo andaba cerca de la presa en el lago Upper Campbell, y el sol quemaba. Cuando me detuve en un poco de sombra en el sendero, un petirrojo también descansaba bajo las hojas a apenas unos cuantos pasos. Y no protestaba mi presencia; permaneció tranquilo. Yo me senté en un tronco, ella se quedó en el suyo. Compartimos el momento, dos amantes de las sombras.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger