Saturday, August 29, 2026

Rainy day drive

It was a misty, rainy day. For me, the perfect weather for a long drive, so I went to Myra Falls at the far end of Buttle Lake, stopping along the way to pick up some rocks and to look at the view, all in muted blues and silvery greys.

Halfway down Buttle Lake. (It's about 20 km. long.)


All I could see of Buttle Lake from the top of the hill at Myra Falls. I didn't go down; at that time it was raining pretty hard.

And Upper Campbell Lake, through the window of Strathcona Lodge, where I stopped for coffee on my way home. It was 5:30, several hours before sunset, but the afternoon light was already fading.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Llovía. A veces fuerte, a veces apenas lo que llamamos "neblina escocés"; gotitas finísimas. No hay nada mejor que manejar, estar en la carretera, en un dia como este. Fui a las Cataratas Myra al extremo del Lago Buttle, deteniéndome en camino para recoger algunas piedras, y para apreciar la vista, todo en colores apagados, azules y grises plateados.

    1. El lago Buttle, como a medio lago. (Es un lago larguísimo; casi un rio lento de 20 kilómetros de largo.)

    2. Llegando a las cataratas en la lluvia, esto es todo lo que se pudo ver desde arriba. No bajé a las cataratas; llovía algo fuerte en ese momento.

    3. El lago Upper Campbell, desde la ventana de Strathcona Park Lodge, donde tomaba un cafecito en camino a casa. 5:30; faltaban horas todavía para la puesta del sol, pero ya el dia se oscurecía.

1 comment:

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger