Monday, January 18, 2021

Fog, rain, mist.

The morning fog lifted. The sun came out. Wonderful! I grabbed the camera and hit the road, going north, hoping maybe to see snow on the hillsides. Ice in the ditches. Or at least frost on some leaves.

At the Eve River, about 100 km. north of home, I gave up. It had been raining off and on, and ahead all I could see were more clouds. I stopped at the Eve River rest stop before turning back, and walked through the soggy woods to the banks of the river.

Eve River bridge, Hwy 19, in Scotch mist.

Trail to the river bank.

The ground was thickly carpeted in moss, the trees draped in another moss.

At the parking lot, I had noticed a couple of Christmas ornaments hanging from high above my head on the branches of the evergreens, dripping wet. I didn't see the one in the woods until I blew up the photos. Do you see it?

Rainy road. Leaving the rest area.

Oh, and in the grass at the rest area, I found half-melted snow. A patch about the size of my fist. Mission accomplished.

A Skywatch post.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Se disipó la neblina. Salió el sol. ¡Excelente! Recogí la cámara y salí a la carretera para el norte, esperando tal vez hallar un poco de nieve en las laderas de las montañas, o hielo en las zanjas al lado del camino. O por lo menos unas hojas delineadas por escarcha.

Llegué hasta el rio Eve (Eva), como unos cien kilómetros de casa, y abandoné la empresa. Había estado lloviendo de vez en cuando, más entre más al norte llegaba, y adelante, lo único que podía ver eran nubes. Me detuve en el área de descanso del río Eve, y se me ocurrió travesar el pequeño bosque para mirar el río bajo la lluvia.

Primera foto: el puente de la carretera #19,. cruzando el río.

Segunda: uno de los senderitos cruzando el bosque. En el suelo, musgos. En los árboles, otra especie de musgos.

Al lado del estacionamiento, había visto un par de decoraciones navideñas colgadas de ramas de los árboles, bien por encima de mi cabeza, y empapadas, goteando. No noté la que estaba colgada en el bosque hasta que vi las fotos en casa. ¿La ves?

Tercera foto: saliendo del área de descanso.

Y en el zacate en el área de descanso, encontré nieve. Medio derretida, y solamente del tamaño de mi puño. Pero nieve. Misión cumplido.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger