Sunday, June 23, 2019

Between bee season and bear season

Bees come for the flowers. Bears come for the ripe berries. They'll be ready soon.

Thimbleberries, green, and just getting started.

Oregon grape. The berries will be deep purple, and semi-sweet.

I haven't seen many salmonberry flowers this spring, and only one or two green berries. Many of the salal bushes are turning brown, and they have only a few flowers. It may be too hot and dry this year for these rainforest plants.

These two plants were on the side hill at Elk Falls. The whole area is brown and dry this year, the hillsides crumbling and dusty, the moss crunchy. We need rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger