Saturday, September 19, 2026

Met along the way

I was driving along a logging road. Slowly, because of the potholes, so I was able to stop before I came too close to this little family.

Lousy photos, but you get the idea.

Mamma bear and her 3 cubs. Taken through the very dusty windshield.

Nobody moved, so I rolled my window down. The mother retired into the bush, and her cubs are following her, taking their time; I'm too far away to worry them.

Last view of the cubs. I had moved the car forward a few metres; that was enough to convince them to leave.

Total time elapsed; 1 minute, 18 seconds. Made my day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Andaba por otro camino de madereros. Manejaba despacio, por los baches, así que pude detener el coche con tiempo para no espantar a esta familia.

Las fotos no salieron muy buenas, pero cuentan la historia.

  1. Una osa y sus tres crías. La foto la saqué por el parabrisas, bien cubierta de polvo del camino.
  2. No les importaba mi presencia, y bajé la ventana. La madre, entonces, se metió al bosque, y los cachorros la siguen, pero sin prisas. No parecen estar preocupados.
  3. Y ya se van. Había adelantado el coche unos pocos metros, y eso les decidió.
Tiempo total: 1 minuto, 18 segundos. Suficiente; me alegró el dia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger