Sunday, February 18, 2007

Just Weeds

And they're starting to sprout. So are the hardy garden plants. Today, along a couple of blocks of city street, we saw chickweed, snowdrops, and the beginnings of spirea blooms. And scores of tiny brown mushrooms. And my bulbs are all up, the lemon balm is green and fragrant, the perennial pansies are a mass of new shoots. The primulas are going crazy. But then, they bloomed even under snow.

For the rest, a bit early, but as long as we have no quick freezes, everything will do quite nicely.

Beach pea, with bee and grasses. Summer in New Westminster, by the side of the road.












Marsh grasses. Winter, New West. By the riverside.














Grasses, dock, California poppy, bindweed and yarrow. Summer, roadside.













Bindweed. Spring? Summer? Fall? Anytime. This one is a noxious pest. But it's beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger