Tuesday, August 11, 2026

Mother and baby

Last time I was at Brown's Bay, (Aug. 1) I was told there was a day-old seal pup in the harbour. I didn't get to see it then, but Sunday I was on the dock there again, and the mother brought her pup over to see us. Luckily, this time, I had a camera in my pocket.

Pocket camera photo, in bright sunlight. Mom and pup.

They came right up to where we stood on the wharf to look us over.

They'll know me next time I visit.

There's a safe harbour for them there, in the calm water behind the marina; it's usually quiet, and when it's busy, boaters in from the day's fishing clean their catch and donate the heads to the assembled seals. A good place to raise a baby!

~~~~~~~~~~~~
La última vez que visité Brown's Bay, (Aug. 1) me dijeron que el dia anterior había nacido una foca atrás de la marina. No la vi entonces, pero regresé con mi hija y nieta el domingo pasado, y la foca madre trajo su cría a conocernos. Por suerte, esta vez traía la cámara de bolsillo.

Fotos: las focas. 

Aquí hay un sitio protegido, con aguas tranquilas, y por lo general, hay poca gente. Y en la temporada de más tráfico, los barcos regresan con la pesca del dia, limpian su pescado en el muelle y les dan las cabezas a las focas. ¡Lugar perfecto para criar una familia!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger