Monday, July 20, 2026

Patchwork rocks

On the hillside where I took the photos of bees and blackberry flowers, I stopped to look at rocks. Again; I've posted photos of some of the rocks on this outcrop twice before. (Here.) But each bit of rock there is interesting. And sometimes beautiful; look at these:

Green and white and orange rock, with lichens and toasted moss.

More moss, more lichen, green patches, brown and cream rock.

Tip of a rock that lay in the shade, so its moss is still green.

A bit of the hillside; most of the rock is barely covered with a coating of moss. The tan flowers are ocean spray, past it's prime; the white flowers turn brown and then stay on the shrub all winter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

En el sitio donde saqué las fotos de abejorros y las flores de zarza himalayana, me detuve otra vez para mirar las piedras. He subido fotos de las rocas en esta misma ladera dos veces antes, pero cada piedra que encuentro aquí es interesante. Y a veces hermosa; mira:
  1. Colores de la piedra; verde, blanco, anaranjado. Y tiene manchas de líquenes. Y musgos bien tostados.
  2. Otra piedra, también llevando musgos y líquenes.
  3. Esta piedra estaba protegida del sol debajo de un arbusto, y el musgo que lleva sigue verde.
  4. Vista de una sección del sitio. Casi toda la roca está cubierta solamente con una capa ligera de musgo. Las flores son las de rocío de mar, Holodiscus discolor; son blancas al abrirse pero pronto se vuelven color crema, luego café; así permanencen en la planta todo el invierno.
Aquí están las fotos de las otras visitas

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger