Thursday, September 10, 2020

Tree blankets

 Moss, again.

Tree dangler; Isothecium myosuroides.

This moss hangs from branches on almost every older tree. It's given a variety of common names: my guide book calls it cat-tail moss. Others call it slender mouse-tail moss, tree moss (although it may grow on rock, too) and variable moss.

Step moss, again. Hylcocomium splendens.


And step moss with a pair of mushrooms.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Musgos, otra vez. El primero se cuelga de casi todos los árboles viejos en bosques cerrados. Lo llaman musgo cola de gato, o cola delgado de ratón, o musgo de árbol, entre otros nombres comunes.

El musgo que sigue es el musgo de escalones, el "step moss". Y dos honguitos, sin identificación.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger