I have to carry two cameras when I water my garden. One for the sunflowers overhead:
![]() |
| Huge head, busy building seeds for the birds. And it's too heavy for its own stem. I had to add a couple of support poles. |
And the pocket camera for the littles on the wall below:
![]() |
| Jumping spider, Phidippus johnsoni, female. The males' abdomen is completely red. |
![]() |
| Another of the sunflowers, half size still. |
![]() |
| With a bud. |
![]() |
| A Noctuid (owlet) moth, Oligia divesta. |
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tengo que traer dos cámaras cuando salgo a regar mi jardín. Una para los girasoles allá arriba:
1. Un girasol casi maduro, produciendo las semillas para los pájaros. Tan pesada es la flor que el tallo se dobla. Tuve que añadir dos postes como sostén.
Y la otra cámara, la de bolsillo, para las criaturas abajo en la pared:
2. Una araña saltarina, Phidippus johnsoni. Una hembra: el abdomen del macho es rojo sin la franja negra en el centro.
3. Otro de los girasoles. Este está todavía a la mitad de su tamaño final.
4. Y otro, con un botón.
5. En la pared otra vez: una mariposa nocturna de la familia de los noctuidos, Oligia divesta.






No comments:
Post a Comment
I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.
Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!