Friday, March 27, 2020

Spikes, curls, lipstick

I looked at a couple of handfuls of moss and lichen from under the trees in the Oyster Bay woods under my microscope.

Spiky

Curly

With lipstick cladonia. The lichen leaves white speckles on everything.

One stalk of lipstick cladonia.

And racing through the cladonia speckles, the tiniest ant I've seen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Traje una bolsita de musgos y liquen del bosquecito de Oyster Bay, y los examiné bajo el microscopio. No pude identificar los musgos, pero el liquen es Cladonia macilenta, o como lo llamamos aquí, cladonia lapiz labial. Entre los fragmentos de líquenes, una hormiga miniatura corría y corría.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger