Monday, May 06, 2019

Update: on that pink and green grass

I went out to Oyster Bay again today, and went to look at the grass I wrote about last Friday.

Poa bulbosa. As posted. Photo taken one week ago.

Now, a week after the last visit, the grass is springing up everywhere. Mostly not in clumps, like this one was, but singly. It's unobtrusive on its own; just another feathery layer on the ground.A few of them were pink and green, but most were brownish already.

The clump I photographed last week has turned completely brown. No wonder I've missed the green stage before!

3 comments:

  1. What a beauty! Great photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything is drying out quick. Scares me for summer and the fire season to come. - Margy

    ReplyDelete

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger