Tuesday, October 16, 2018

On the rocks

Rain one day, sun the next. One sunny afternoon coincided with a very low tide.

Rocks, ducks, coastal communities. Looking north.

The ducks are Harlequins. This one's a male; the females are a drab brown with white spots on their heads.

I found it curious that each duck sits separately on his or her own rock. I only saw two sharing a rock.

Harlequins are shy ducks. I approached carefully, pausing often. When the closest one slipped off his rock and swam away, I turned and left them alone. I was still quite a way from water's edge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger