Monday, September 09, 2024

Looks like shroom season

I walked down through the woods to Roberts Lake; the trail is in deep shade all the way, the forest floor covered with moss and rotting logs. Now at the end of summer, everything, even out of the reach of sunlight, is dry, crispy dry; it felt like fire starter. We need rain!

And in spite of the dry weather, there are mushrooms all over. Here are a few of them.

Stalked puffballs.

A tiny amanita.

Russula sp., slug-bitten.

Unidentified.

Small, purplish disks, unidentified.

And one more unnamed shroom.

Some of these, like the puffballs and the amanita, I can recognize at first glance. The russulas, sort of. I loaded the others on to Google images, and Google is as confused as I am; it gave me long lists of possibles. It doesn't matter; I'm not planning to pick and eat any, and they're all beautiful, no matter what name they answer to.

There are more; I'll leave them for tomorrow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
El sendero que baja hacia el lago Roberts pasa por bosque denso, sombreado; allí no llega el sol más que en breves momentos a mediodia. El suelo está cubierto de musgos y troncos podridos, generalmente húmedos, pero ahora todo está seco; hace pensar en incendios forestales. ¡Necesitamos la lluvia!

Y a pesar de la sequía, hay hongos por todas partes. Estas son algunos de ellos.
  1. Hongos polvera: estos son comestibles, y deliciosos. Pero los dejé en paz.
  2. Amanita sp.Y estos son los venenosos.
  3. Russula sp. Este se lo ha estado comiendo una babosa.
  4. Y no pude identificar este
  5. Ni estos.
  6. Ni este.
Algunos hongos, como los hongos polvera y las amanitas, las puedo identificar a primera vista. Otros, como las russulas, lo tengo que pensar un poco. Pero los otros; subí las fotos a Google, y Google está tan perplejo como yo. Me dió listas largas de hongos algo parecidos, de muchas especies, todos posibles, ninguno por cierto. No tiene importancia; no pienso cosechar y comerlos, y son bellos con cualquier nombre o con ninguno.

Hubo más. Los dejo para mañana.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger