Saturday, September 07, 2024

The yawn

It was a sleepy afternoon on Oyster Bay; hot sunshine, warmed rocks, no wind, nothing happening. A lone gull stood on a rock, watching the wavelets inch up the slope.

Sun on his back.

Sun on his feet.

Sun on his breast.

Yawn.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Era una tarde soñolienta en Oyster Bay. Sol brillante, rocas recalentadas, nada de viento, nada pasaba. Una gaviota solitaria se asoleaba en las rocas, mirando las onditas que avanzaban y retrodecían en la playa.

  1. Tostándose la espalda.
  2. Ahora los pies.
  3. Y la pechuga.
  4. Un gran bostezo.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger