Wednesday, August 28, 2024

Catching a few bees

A friend has an exuberant garden where everything grows larger than life. Taller than me, anyhow. Great masses of dahlias, towering sunflowers, hibiscus and tiger lilies. I chased bees from flower to flower; busy, very busy, they were. I managed to catch a few while they were at work.

Honeybee.

Carrying a heavy load of pollen.

Honeybee?

Sunflower overhead, with all but a piece of the petals gone. The bracts make a nice corona.
Cropping to see the star-shaped seed starters.  And the bee, of course.

And cropping again, to look at that pollen-coated bee.

I'm almost done with the Beasties Project. Two more posts, and I'll go on to look at deer and mushrooms and ... But there will always be more Beasties.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Una amiga tiene un jardín exuberante, donde las flores me miran desde arriba. Dalias de todos colores, girasoles altísimos, hibiscos, lirios de tigre ... Entre ellas perseguí una multitud de abejas que pasaban volando de una flor a la otra, muy ocupadas en juntar polen. Algunas se quedaron quietas un instante.

Fotos:
  1. Dalia con una abeja mielera.
  2. Esta abeja ya juntó una buena cantidad de polen.
  3. ¿Otra abeja mielera? ¿O alguna otra especie de abeja?
  4. El girasol ya perdió casi todos los pétalos. Las brácteas imitan la corona del sol. Con una abeja.
  5. Recorté la foto para mirar la abeja.
  6. Y la recorté otra vez.
Casi ya termino con el Proyecto Bichitos. Subiré dos posts más, y puedo pasar a mirar fotos de venaditos y de hongos y ... Pero siempre habrá mas Bichitos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger