Monday, November 13, 2023

Pink, fresh, and spider-free

During the month of Arachtober,  I kept looking at flowers, searching for crab spiders. They hide there, almost invisibly, waiting for a pollinating insect to drop in and become lunch. I didn't find any. It has not been a spidery year around here.

So here are four spider-free flowers.

A fly visits a dahlia, safely.

The last rose of fall on my rosebush.

Another dahlia, sans spider, sans prey.

Cosmos, a month ago. They are still trying to bloom today, in spite of rain and gusting wind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Durante todo el mes de "Arachtober", buscaba entre las flores, queriendo hallar una araña cangrejo, que se esconden allí, casi invisibles, esperando a que lleguen los insectos polinadores, que pronto se volverán la cena de la araña. No encontré ni una. Pocas arañas han habido este año por el rumbo.

Aquí hay cuatro flores sin arañas.

  1. Una dalia con una mosca suertuda.
  2. La última rosa de este otoño en mi jardín.
  3. Otra dalia, sin moscas, sin arañas.
  4. Cosmos, hace un mes. Hoy, a pesar de lluvias y vientos fuertes, siguen tratando de florecer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger