Sunday, June 26, 2022

Bench facing west

 Sit and rest a while. Watch the sun go down.

Big-leaf maples on the dike at Oyster Bay.

Sunset today, 9:34 PM. Sunrise tomorrow, 5:13 AM. But the sky turns pink an hour earlier. I love these long, slow evenings, the morning glow in my window.

A week from now, we will have lost 7 minutes of sunlight. The sun is moving south again.

A Skywatch post.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Siéntate, descansa un rato. Mira mientras se va a esconder el sol.

Foto: arces de hoja grande en el dique de Oyster Bay.

El sol se puso hoy a las 9:34. Y mañana amanece a las 5 con 13 minutos. Pero el cielo ya se tiñe de rosa una hora antes. Me gustan estas tardes lentas, y el fulgor mañanero en mi ventana.

Dentro de una semana, habremos perdido 7 minutos de sol. El orbe está en camino al sur otra vez.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger