Wednesday, December 08, 2021

View from the road

 A light dusting of snow. Mountain tops, from the roadside by the site of the ice flowers.

Facing south, with the sun heading down in the west.

And from the same spot, with my back to the sun.

December 3, at 3 PM.

I always want to know what mountains I'm looking at. Difficult, with so many peaks on this crumpled island, so many of them without names on the maps. "Driving" my mouse down the highway on Google maps, I found the spot where I took these photos. It looks different on Google; the trees were still in place back then. But I found the creek that cuts under the highway, and the flat spot I parked on. The highway there follows the bottom of the valley between Tsitika Peak and Jagged Mountain.

Google maps, terrain view.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Un poco de nieve en las montañas, visto desde donde encontré las "flores de hielo".

  1. Mirando hacia el sur.
  2. Y con el sol a mis espaldas.
Esto fue el 3 de diciembre, a las 3 de la tarde. El sol se puso ese dia a las 4:15.

Siempre quiero saber como se llaman las montañas que veo. Algo difícil, con tantas montañas en esta isla toda arrugada, y tantas sin nombre en los mapas. Pero "manejando" por la carretera en Google, encontré el sitio en donde saqué estas fotos. Se ve diferente en Google; cuando ellos sacaron fotos, todavía no habían cortado los árboles. Pero hallé el riachuelo que cruza debajo de la carretera, y el sitio plano donde me pude estacionar. La carretera allí sigue el fondo del valle entre la cima Tsitika y la Montaña Jagged (Escarpada).



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger