Monday, December 09, 2019

Soaked leaves

Under the shelter of bigleaf maples and Douglas firs, where the sunshine never reaches, the forest floor becomes a layered bed of wet leaves, broken twigs, leaf skeletons, fir cones, fir needles. In the winter, it never dries out, even on sunny days.

In the rain yesterday, its colours (brown, dark brown, red-brown, and brown) were intensified, glowing.

Mushroom hiding under wet bigleaf maple leaves.

Slug dinner, with springtail, surrounded by leaves: salal, alder, fragments of bigleaf maple. And maple seed "wings". Douglas fir needles and cones.

A small mushroom makes a good umbrella.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger