Sunday, December 08, 2019

So bright

The morning was cloudy and cool, but above freezing. I went down to the museum woods to collect fallen fir branches for my Christmas decorations. It's only a block away, but by the time I got there, it was raining, and I tramped along the gloomy trails, watching my step on the slippery bigleaf maple leaves gently blending into the mud. And then, — a light on the side; a big patch of glistening yellow witches butter! I went back to get my camera, rain or no rain.

Witches butter, with rainy streaks, growing like a shelf mushroom on a fallen log. Douglasfir needle shows the size.

Farther down the same log.

And there has been almost no wind, but along the edge of the woods, I collected a big armload of fallen branches. My entry-way smells like an evergreen forest now.

1 comment:

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger