Monday, August 27, 2007

Sunny Afternoon

At Burnaby Lake.

We sat on the hillside, resting our feet and breathing non-musty air after an afternoon of antiquing. The sun had come out and the wind was warm. In the field below, beyond the parking lot, cricketers in white clattered and shouted. Farther down, a flock of Canada geese nibbled at the grass. On our left, the creek, hardhack and a stand of touch-me-nots, invasive but pretty. And directly in front, two model airplanes swooped, almost as graceful as swallows.


Not quite so graceful, nor so high: crows begging for handouts (I gave them stale peanuts) in the parking lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger