Saturday, June 01, 2024

Petals like crumpled paper.

 Thimbleberry flowers. Just thimbleberries.

Rubus parviflorus

Well, not quite "just" thimbleberries. These ones are harbouring two tiny beetles.

Zoom in.

And these ones are feeding a whole tribe of white and green aphids. There's a tiny spider in the centre of the flower on the left, probably waiting for the midges that followed me down the trail.

I spent a lot of time on the island chasing bees; now I have a ton of photos to sort. Mostly not bees. Will they never stand still for a minute?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Las flores de thimbleberry, Rubus parviflorus. Solamente flores, nada más.

Mentí. Siempre hay algo más. En la primera foto, hay dos escarabajitos escondidos bajo los estambres. Y en la segunda, toda una tribu de áfidos verdes y blancos, además hay una arañita en el centro de la flor a la izquierda, esperando atrapar uno de los mosquitos que me seguían en el camino. (En español, todos se llaman mosquitos, tanto los grandecitos que nos pican como los moscos tan pequeñitos que llamamos "midges" o "no-see-ums", este último nombre se puede traducir como "no se ven".Estos forman nubes en espacios abiertos.)

Pasé gran rato en la isla persiguiendo las abejas, y ahora tengo un montón de fotos para revisar. Por la mayor parte, no son fotos de abejas; ¿porqué no se pueden detener ni por un minutito?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger