Tuesday, June 04, 2024

Bees at work

 So I chased bees and chased bees and chased them some more, taking photos. And ended up with three sort of clear photos of bees on ninebark flowers. They were all in such a hurry! Time's a-wastin'!

Pacific ninebark, Physocarpus capitatus, with unidentified bee.

Two bees.

The same two bees, I think.

Look at this one's feet!

The right tool for the job.

They look like mountaineers' ice axes. How to hold on to your flower upside-down when the wind is whipping it about. Or when you're buzzing the pollen loose.

Bee on wild rose. The way most bee photos turn out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Perseguí unas abejas, siguiéndolas de una flor a otra, sacando un centenar de fotos. Y me resultaron tres fotos no muy buenas. ¡Tenían tanta prisa! ¡No hay que perder ni un segundo!

  1. Una abeja en flores de Physocarpus capitatus. No pude identificar la abeja.
  2. Dos abejas. Distintas especies, tal vez.
  3. Las mismas dos abejas.
  4. Y viendo esa última más de cerca. Mira esas patas; se parecen a los pioletes que usan los alpinistas para escalar montañas heladas. Justo la herramienta que se necesita para aferrarse cabeza abajo en unas flores agitándose en el viento. O cuando se necesita soltar el polen con vibraciones fuertes.
  5. Abeja en una rosa nativa. Así salen la mayoría de las fotos de abejas.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger