Friday, April 19, 2024

It's tomorrow, today.

 10 days. I've been mostly shut in, sleeping or wishing I were sleeping, promising myself to post "tomorrow", for 10 days. I'm awake now, I think.

Outside, the winter's bare branches are clothed in a pale green froth, pink and white blossoms blow in the wind, the sky and sea are blue, blue, blue. At my door, the spring flowers are almost done, and summer's offerings are leafing out. It's time I got my old bones moving. Weeding and planting to do, salmonberry flowers and pink trilliums to visit along the forest trails.

These photos are from 10 days ago.

Bleeding hearts in deep shade.

Heather in full sun.
Pink hyacinths.

Peonies rising from the remains of last year's stalks.

Going out now to see what the day offers. I'll be back tomorrow. Promise!

~~~~~~~~~~~
10 dias. Por los últimos 10 dias, he estado encerrada, dormida o queriendo estar dormida, prometiéndome que "mañana" regreso al blog. Pues, ahora ya me desperté. 

Fuera de mis puertas, las ramas desnudas del invierno se han cubierto con una gaza delicada, de un verde clarísimo; flores blancas y color de rosa flotan en el viento; el cielo y el mar se han pintado de azul. Las flores del principio de primavera se empiezan a marchitar y las plantas que producirán los colores de verano están cubiertas de hojas nuevas. Hora es que yo ponga mis huesos viejos en marcha; me espera trabajo en el jardín, y en el bosque las flores de salmonberry y del trilio color de rosa se ven a lo largo de los senderos.

Estas fotos las saqué hace 10 dias.
  1. Corazón sangrante, en sombra intensa.
  2. Brezo, en pleno sol.
  3. Jacintos color de rosa.
  4. Peonías, brotando desde los restos de los tallos muertos del año pasado.
Ahora salgo a ver qué más me ofrece este dia. Regreso mañana, lo prometo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger