Thursday, March 14, 2024

Still hungry

Tomorrow, I said. Ten days ago. Sorry about that. I've been feeling my age, shut in watching the rain through my windows, unable to manage a post. Better now, I think. And the sun came out yesterday, too.

I met this raven and its mate at the rest area beside Roberts Lake; I've seen the two there before several times, always in the same tree overlooking the picnic tables. I had a can of cocktail weiners in the car, emergency rations in case of car trouble; I shared it with the ravens. (They got most of them; I ate three.) When there were none left, this raven gave me a disapproving glare, as if I had been holding out on them.

"Is that all? Stingy!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hace diez dias, otra vez, sin dar señales de vida. Lo siento; a veces los años pesan. He estado encerrada, viendo llover fuera de mis ventanas. Pero voy mejorando, creo, y ayer salió el sol.

Encontré un par de cuervos grandes (Corvus corax) en la zona de descanso al lado del lago Roberts. He visto esta misma pareja allí varias veces, esperando siempre en el mismo árbol cerca de las mesas de picnic. Tenía una lata de salchicas de cóctel en el coche, parte de mis raciones de emergencia, para cuando tenga algún problema en el camino, y las compartí con los cuervos. (Yo solo me comí tres; los cuervos tuvieron todas las demás.) Cuando ya no había más en oferta, este cuervo me fijó con un ojo acusador, como si yo les estuviera estafando.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger