Friday, March 15, 2024

Hole in the ground

 Down there, in the mud, the sun is shining.

Or should it be, "Up there"?

Just a puddle beside the trail. Down at human level, all was dim and brown, mud and dead leaves, lichen-coated but otherwise bare alder trunks, more mud ... I had to keep my eyes on the ground, watching my step; it could be slippery underfoot or the mud could suddenly be ankle-deep. And then, a glimpse of blue sky and sunshine far above. Somehow, it made the air feel warmer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bajo mis pies, en el lodo, brilla el sol.

En el camino, al nivel de mis ojos, todo era penumbra, colores oscuros; lodo y hojas muertas, troncos cubiertos de líquenes, más lodo ... Tenía que mantener la vista en el suelo, mirando donde ponía el pie, pues el sendero bien podría estar resbaloso, o el lodo podría de repente llegar a mis tobillos. Y luego, un charco, con agua, ofreciendo un reflejo del cielo azul y la luz del sol allá arriba. De alguna manera, hasta hizo que el ambiente se sintiera menos helado.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger