Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Sit spot, with snags

 A mossy log beside the trail on a hot afternoon invites me to sit and rest a while.

Greens and browns, with the river's song.

I noticed the snags. They've been cut off, probably to keep the trail open and safe. But the caretakers have left enough good old wood to provide goodies and holes for birds and other critters.

A bit further down the trail there's another snag, this one untrimmed.

The winds have not been kind, but it still stands tall and proud.

Polypore fungus squeezing through a crack in old bark.

Coming up: conversations with swallows.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fotos: 
  1. Un tronco cubierto de musgos es un buen lugar para sentarse en la sombra en una tarde calurosa. Mientras, me fijo en los dos troncos muertos, cortados, probablemente para prevenir accidentes, pero dejando suficiente de la madera muerta para proveer alimentos y escondites para los pájaros.
  2. Más adelante veo otro árbol muerto, éste todavía estirándose hacia el cielo. Los vientos le han robado muchas de sus ramas.
  3. Y un hongo políporo entre las grietas de la corteza de un árbol viejo.
Luego: coversaciones con las golondrinas.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger