Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Promise

 And down in the Oyster Bay meadow, the summer show is beginning.

(The camera behaves sometimes, even in the half-light near sundown; it saw things better than my old eyes could.)

Purplish-red grass. Unidentified.

Gold star, Crocidum multicaudale; hare's foot clover, Trifolium arvense; and grass, unidentified.

And there will be apples. This year, there were no tent caterpillars.

I must come back soon, in full daylight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

En la pradera de Oyster Bay, ya empezó la exhibición de flores y frutas del verano. (Y la cámara es mejor que mis ojos; aun a la media luz cerca de la puesta del sol, vió lo que yo percibí a medias.)

Fotos:

  1. Pasto no identificado.
  2. Las flores de Crocidium multicaudale, de Trifolium arvense, conocido como pie de liebre, y otro tipo de poáceas.
  3. Y habrá manzanas. Este año, no aparecieron las orugas de la tienda, Malacosoma californicum.
Tendré que regresar pronto, a pleno dia. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger