Friday, January 21, 2022

More mini beasties

 And on yesterday's lichen, look what I found!

Such a pretty little spider! 1 mm. long or so.

Side eye. If you look closely, she has a mite on her back.

A long springtail.

Blurry: a smaller springtail, and another of those mites.


That springtail, eating lichen. View it full-screen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

¡Y mira lo que encontré en esos líquenes ayer!

Fotos:
  1. Una linda arañita. Mide aproximadamente 1 mm. de largo.
  2. Tres cuartos vista, viendo otro ojo. Si te fijas, hay un ácaro en su espalda.
  3. Un colémbolo, de los largos.
  4. Otro colémbolo, un tanto borroso, con otro ácaro.
Y un video de ese colémbolo comiéndose el liquen. Se ve mejor a pantalla completa.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't visited you in ages! You turned me on to microphotography!

    ReplyDelete

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger