Tuesday, July 07, 2020

Two rocks

And then I look at the rocks from inches away.

Rock at my feet. Moss and lichen and white stone.

The rock here, underfoot near Elk River, was brown, but there were these patches: white, crusty, harder (at least to my fingers) than the underlying brown rock. The grey patches are lichens.

Rock face, beside the highway. With stonecrop and moss.

And this rock is blue-grey. The whitish spots are lichens. The stonecrop, I think, is spreading stonecrop, Sedum divergens, smaller and redder than the stonecrop that gows on the ground.

~~~~~~~

Y luego, me acerco y veo las rocas de cerca.

La primera foto es de rocas bajo mis pies, donde el suelo del bosque no alcanza a cubrir los huesos de la tierra. Aquí, al borde del río, es de color café. pero tiene estos brotes de roca blanca, brillante, más dura que la piedra alrededor. Las manchas grises son líquenes.

La segunda foto es de un precipicio al lado de la carretera. Roca vertical. Aquí la piedra es gris, un gris azul. Las manchas blancas aquí son líquenes. Las flores son de la familia de los Sedum, probablemente Sedum divergens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger