Thursday, April 30, 2020

So small

I found a few more tinies among my forgotten photos.

A jellyfish and bubbles in fine, hair-like sea lettuce. In my tank.

On a blade of kelp, a white dot turns out to be a small colony.

Zooming in. It looks like a patch of bryozoans.

A baby grainy hand hermit, in my hand. Going by the lines on my palm, he's about 7 mm. long.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Entre las fotos olvidadas, encontré estas criaturas miniaturas. Primero, una medusa entre algas marinas "Ulva', en hilos finos. Luego, en una hoja de kelp, vi un botoncito blanco, que visto de cerca resultó ser un grupo de briozoos, animales que se hacen una cajita donde viven y de donde extienden sus tentáculos para capturar su comida del agua. La última foto es un ermitaño "de mano granosa", en la palma de mi mano. Mide aproximadamente 7 mm. de largo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger