Monday, November 11, 2019

At the base of the cliffs

Where there is water, there is life. Even on bare rock.

Pearly everlasting guarding the door to a small cave. Water trickles down the right side wall and soaks into the broken stones beneath.

Licorice ferns and moss in a damp crack.

The foot of the cliff collects bits of stick and leaves, which hold the moisture. Lichens, moss, and ferns cover the scree.

Dying bracken fern in the ditch at the base of the cliff glows yellow in the sunlight.

1 comment:

  1. I love the way the water trickles out of our granite cliff after rains. Moss follows many of those cracks in the rock. It reminds me of something I saw in Zion National Park called the Weeping Rock. There it was rare. Here in BC it's common. - Margy

    ReplyDelete

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger