Monday, April 29, 2019

Trail, trees, stumps

The Nunns Creek flowers were so astonishing, that I almost forgot to look at the trees. Almost.

The path through the woods, heading down to the creek.

Nurse stumps, one nursing mostly shelf fungi.

Woodpecker snag. Some of those holes, the neat round ones, may be nest holes.

Black fungi buttons.

Oddly-shaped burl, and an unusual lichen.

And that's it for now. I'll have to go back soon, this week maybe, to see the next batch of flowers, the lilies of the valley, the salmonberries, and possibly some early hardhack.

1 comment:

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger