Monday, November 02, 2015

Loon at Tyee Spit

Last week, giving my son a quick, spur-of-the-moment tour of the town, I started on the north end, at Tyee Spit. As usual, the bay was dotted with birds, all too far away to identify without binoculars. Except for one solitary loon, fishing alone at the tip of the peninsula.

I think this is a juvenile Red-throated loon.

Checking us out.

A helpful pose, showing us the pattern of his head and neck.

Unfortunately, I was just carrying the pocket camera. I'll have to go back with more time to spend, and the better camera, as soon as it stops raining. Normal BC weather is happening again. Rain, wind, rain, sunshine, rain, harder rain, sunshine, all in quick succession, unpredictably.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger