Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Pareidolia, again: some good links

(Part IV of 4: Part I, Part II, Part III.)

This just showed up in my blogroll: a woman whose house burned down two weeks ago, now has found a picture of Jesus in her burnt wallpaper. Here.

Phil Plait, over at Bad Astronomy, has several good posts on the phenomenon. See More Pareidolia for links to stories about Lenin in a shower curtain, Jesus in the Eagle Nebula, a Google Maps image of Jesus in Peru and much more. Or see the search results. (Warning; the September 6, 2006 entry may not be to your taste.)

And then there is Jon Voisey, the Angry Astronomer; he has quite a series of posts on the topic, including a Virgin in a cookie sheet from last month.

And that's the last about this for a while. Laurie is now seeing faces and figures in everything, even in the inside of my socks!

Enough.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:59 pm

    Your socks have a double helix!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dunno. After looking at the image, I think I see portrait of an Elizabethan gentleman. What she's calling a halo looks like back of a ruff to me.

    ReplyDelete

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger