Saturday, March 03, 2007

Pareidolia: Example # 1

Pareidolia, according to Wikipedia, is
"a psychological phenomenon involving a vague and random stimulus (often an image or sound) being mistakenly perceived as recognizable. Common examples include images of animals or faces in clouds, seeing the man in the moon, and hearing hidden messages on records played in reverse. "
We've all read about the Virgin on a wet glass window or in disintegrating cement under a bridge, but pareidolia happens much more frequently than those few instances. In cloud formations, or plywood markings, or book foxing, or -- you name it -- we've all seen it.

And sometimes we get "proof", in the shape of photographs.

Laurie has taken a few of those recently, some on purpose, some not.

Here's one, for starters. A cloud formation, on a dark day. But look at it again. Click on it, to see it full-size, and walk across the room to look at it. (There's a reason for that; I'll write about it in a future post.)

Then come back and tell me what you see.

(What do I see? Scroll down once you have seen -- or not seen -- whatever's in there.)



.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Ok. I see, up close, a death's head. But backing off, I see two young, attractive faces, male and female, looking off to my left. Laurie sees a young woman, but not the one I see.

(BTW, that is the moon behind the clouds.)

More examples coming, tomorrow. Including what Laurie calls my "Jesus rock".

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger