Saturday, June 29, 2024

Little Bear Bay. No bears.

On the road again. Following the highway north, I came to the turnoff for Rock Bay. A gravel road, full of hungry potholes last time I ventured down it, more than 8 years ago, but ... why not? It's been too long.

And so begins an adventure.

For now, here's a photo of one of the stopping places: Little Bear Bay.

Little Bear Bay  recreation site, at low tide. The couple there had been watching orcas.

I'm still processing photos, but here's a photo I took last time I was there. The tide was high, and I was facing upriver.

Little Bear Bay, February, 2016.

The adventure? Story tomorrow.

A Skywatch post.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Explorando ... Siguiendo la carretera hacia el norte, llegué a la salida hacia Rock Bay (Bahía de Rocas). Un camino de grava, lleno de baches hambrientos, comelones de llantas, cuando lo descubrí hace más de ocho años, pero ... ¿Porqué no? Hace tanto tiempo ...

Y así empieza una aventura.

Por ahora, aquí hay una foto de uno de los sitios que visité: La Bahía del Osito. La marea estaba muy baja, y la pareja en el campamento habían visto orcas en el estrecho.

La segunda foto es una que saqué en esa primera visita, en febrero de 2016. Miraba hacia el rio, y la marea estaba a su máxima altura.

¿La aventura? Mañana les cuento.

Un post para Skywatch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger