Saturday, June 15, 2024

Green-feathered visitor

This little moth turned up on the shade of my bedside light the other night.

Pasiphila rectangulata, against the light. About 3 cm, wingtip to wingtip.

One of the amazing people at BugGuide identified it as a Green Pug moth, one of the inchworm family.


Against the wall, the green feathers show up.

I'm keeping a camera on my bedside table, these warm days. No telling who'll come to visit!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Esta palomita se detuvo en la pantalla de mi lámpara de noche. Uno de los asombrosos expertos de BugGuide, la identificó como Pasiphila rectangulata, de la familia de los geométridos, los gusanos medidores. En inglés, su nombre común, Green Pug, trae a la mente los perros pug, pero verdes.

  1. En la pantalla, contra la luz. Mide de 2 a 3 cm, desde la punta de una ala hasta la punta de la otra.
  2. Contra la pared, con la luz de este lado ahora, se le ven las plumas verdes.
En estos dias, cuando ya no hace frio, tengo una cámara siempre en mi mesa de noche, en espera de visitas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger