Tuesday, May 28, 2024

Good enough

The sun came out. I decided to go down to Tyee Spit, see what's blooming now, look for birds in the estuary, find new mushrooms in the grass, but I had a couple of errands to run first. And then the rain came pelting down, great, fat drops on my windshield. BC weather! So I came home and looked up leftover photos of the Spit instead.

Turbine Otter coming in for a landing in the estuary. Another misty day, August, 2016. 

The grassy tip of the Spit. March 30, this year. I deleted a couple of walkers.

Looking north towards the entrance to Seymour Narrows. Last December.

A pair of cormorants, January, this year.

Forecast for tomorrow: rain. What else?

Skywatch post.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Salió el sol. Decidí ir a Tyee Spit, para ver que flores están abiertas ahora, para mirar los pájaros que nadan y vuelan sobre el estuario, para buscar honguitos en el césped. Pero tenía unos mandados que hacer primero, y hecho esto, empezó a llover, grandes gotas gordas bombardeando mi parabrisas. ¡Este clima isleño! Total, regresé a casa y busqué el sitio entre mis fotos olvidadas.
  1. Una avioneta "Otter Turbine", al punto de hacer contacto en el estuario. Agosto de 2016.
  2. El césped donde busco hongos. Borré un par de caminantes de la foto. 30 de marzo, de este año.
  3. Mirando hacia el norte y la entrada de Seymour Narrows (el Estrecho de Seymour). Diciembre, 2023.
  4. Un par de cormoranes. Enero, 2024.
El pronóstico para mañana: lluvia, claro.

Un post de Skywatch: Haz clic para ver cielos de esta semana alrededor del globo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger