Friday, November 10, 2023

Blending in

 I guess you could call this "mushroom camouflage".

Aging mushrooms and dying leaves.

I don't know if mushrooms need the protection as they age, but are still in the business of producing spores, but they do manage to make themselves inconspicuous. Then again, not everything has to have a purpose; sometime things just happen.

More old mushrooms making themselves invisible:

They were a creamy beige with brown stems when they were young. Now they've taken on the colour of the leaf litter.

Slowly becoming part of the soil again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tal vez esto se podría describir como camuflage al estilo de los hongos.  No sé si los hongos necesitan la protección de ser invisibles al envejecer, pero mientras siguen produciendo esporas. Pero sí logran hacerlo.

Bueno, todo no tiene que tener propósito; hay cosas que pasan no más porque sí.

Fotos:

  1. Hongos viejos entre hojas caducas.
  2. Estos honguitos eran de un color café claro con tallos de un café un poco más oscuro cuando salieron a la luz. Ahora se vuelven invisibles entre las hojas muertas debajo de los arbustos.
  3. Unos hongos polvera volviendo a formar parte del suelo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger