Wednesday, November 08, 2023

Is it a nurse stump if all it bears is mushrooms?

One stump, oodles of mushrooms. (I only counted one side of the top; 85. I may have missed some.) 

Stump on a side hill, near a creek. A moist environment.

A patch on the side. I love the contrast in textures, old wood and smooth mushroom caps.

Top front. Here's where I counted 85 'shrooms.

Viewed from the side. The whole mass held together by spider webs, of course.

Older caps, with age spots.

A small group, with moss.

Tinies on the edge. And tiniers.

I didn't try to identify these.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hongos en un tocón. Cientos de hongos. En un lado del grupo encima, conté 85 hongos. Puedo haber dejado algunos sin contar.

Fotos;

  1. El tocón. Se encuentra en la ladera, cerca de un riachuelo; una zona húmeda.
  2. Un grupo de hongos en el costado. Me gustó el contraste de texturas, la madera podrida contra los sombreros lisos de los hongos.
  3. Una vista del grupo encima de la "mesa". Aquí es donde conté los 85.
  4. El mismo grupo, visto desde un lado, todo unido con telarañas, como se acostumbra.
  5. Un grupo de hongos envejecidos, con sus manchas por la edad.
  6. Otro grupito, con musgos.
  7. Hongos chicos y chiquitos, con las hojas de abeto (2 cm.) para mostrar el tamaño. 
No intenté identificar estos hongos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger