Monday, November 14, 2022

These made me happy, Part 3.

 Again, I'm looking through my "Things that make me Happy" folder. 

I didn't know the title of this poem by Robert Louis Stevenson, and just found it now, looking up the quote.

Happy Thought

The world is so full of a number of things,

I'm sure we should all be as happy as kings.

Anyhow, here's today's batch of photos, again in no particular order.

Rotten pilings, Oyster Bay tidal lagoon at low tide.

New pickleweed, Salicornia pacifica, on the Oyster Bay breakwater.

Reflections: a tiny anemone at the corner of my aquarium, reflected doubly in the surface of the water and the adjacent wall.

Just a rock, tumbled down from a cliff beside Buttle Lake, exposing its white "innards".

An old Ford, rusting away.

The baby monkey tree outside my window, under fresh snow.

Woodpecker snag. There are faces in those holes! Trapped dryads?

Cedar bark, branch tips, and cone, and my winter gloved fingers. Tyee Spit.

That's all for now; tomorrow I'll go on to look at lichens and moss. But I'll come back to this folder from time to time, now that it has a proper name and location on my hard drive.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Otra vez con la carpeta de cosas que me hacen feliz.

El poeta Robert Louis Stevenson (1850 - 1894) lo dijo en un pequeño poema de dos lineas, al que le dió el título de "Pensamiento Feliz":
"El mundo está tan lleno de tantas cosas,
Yo sé que todos seremos felices como los reyes."
Bueno, aquí están las fotos de hoy, desorganizadas como siempre.

  1. Pilotes viejísimos de un muelle ya bien desaparecido en la laguna mareal de Oyster Bay.
  2. Brotes nuevos de Salicornia pacifica, planta que crece donde le llega a cubrir agua salada de vez en cuando. En el rompeolas de Oyster Bay.
  3. Reflejos. Una anémona en mi acuario, reflejada en la superficie del agua, y también en la pared que se une a la suya.
  4. Una roca cualquiera, caída del precipicio al lado de Buttle Lake, rota y mostrando su relleno blanco.
  5. Un Ford antiguo, oxidándose lentamente al lado del bosque.
  6. Mi pequeño piñonero (pehuén, Araucaria araucana, árbol nativo a Chile) bajo nieve recién caída.
  7. Un tronco excavado por los pájaros carpinteros. Dentro de las excavaciones se ven caras. ¿Serán dríades?
  8. Cedro: corteza, ramitas y cono. Y mis dedos en guantes por el frio.
Y eso es todo por ahora: mañana vuelvo a mirar líquenes y musgos. Pero volveré a esta carpeta de vez en vez, ya que ahora tiene su nombre y su sitio en mi computadora.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger