Saturday, January 08, 2022

Rose hips, Baikie Island

 A bit of warm colour on a cold, blue-lighted day.

Rose hips, some ripe, some past their prime.

And a small wild rose bush under a foot of snow. My footprint off to the right.

One rose hip. The stems are still green, and wearing the buds of spring leaves.

Year after year, I tell myself I'll collect a bunch to make myself some rose hip tea, a good winter drink, full of Vitamin C. And every time, I leave it for later. Some day ...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

En un dia de luz azul, por la nieve, hay unas gotas de color cálido. Escaramujos, el fruto de la rosa silvestre.

Fotos:
Escaramujos en la isla Baikie, un arbusto pequeño bajo 30 cm. de nieve, y un escaramujo a solas. Se ve que el tallo sigue verde, y ya lleva los botones de donde brotarán las hojas cuando llega la primavera.


Año tras año, propongo cortar suficientes como para hacerme un buen té de escaramujo, que es una bebida muy buena en el invierno, ya que contiene gran cantidad de Vitamina C. Y año tras año lo dejo para otro dia. Algún dia será ...

1 comment:

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger