Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Solstice peacock

Today was the shortest day, the longest night of the year up here in the northern hemisphere. And by this time next week we'll have gained a whole minute of daylight. Woo hoo!

Solstice peacock, looking back into the dark, forward into the light.

(Vintage double peacock vase, cast iron, possibly of Iranian origin. Hangs out around my house, keeping four eyes on things.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hoy fue el dia más corto, la noche más larga del año para nosotros aquí en el hemisferio del norte. Y para fines de la semana, habremos ganado un minuto entero de luz. ¡Maravilloso!

La foto es de un pavo real que mira para  atrás hacia la oscuridad, para adelante hacia la luz. Es un pájaro doble antiguo (no sé si es una antigüedad o nada más viejo), hecho de hierro y posiblemente de origen en Irán. Anda por mi casa, con los cuatro ojos observándolo todo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger