Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Catching a few rays

The rain stopped. The sky had blue patches. The cat was basking in the warm sunshine on a windowsill. I hurried with breakfast and went out into the light.

Into the wind and a sprinkling of rain.

The tide was the highest I have seen it here, covering even one of the breakwaters. White-flecked waves pounded the top of the intertidal zone, bringing with them scores of logs. I went to Tyee Spit to watch the birds bouncing on the estuary.

Distant bouncing harlequins.

Lone cormorant. Quadra Island in the background.

The sun faded to a paler spot in the cloud cover. The rain came back. I made it back to the car before the bottom fell out of the sky. Just barely. BC weather!

Discovery Passage, from the tip of Tyee Spit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dejó de llover. En el cielo, se veían islas azules. La gatita dormitaba en la ventana, en la luz y calor del sol. Me apresuré a desayunar y salí a la luz.

Al viento, y ahora, a una lluvia salpicante.

La marea estaba a lo más alto que la he visto; hasta cubría una de las rompeolas. Olas con espuma blanca caían sobre la zona más alta de las playas, apilando troncos y ramas como barrera. Yo me fui a la lengua de tierra Tyee para mirar las aves que brincaban sobre las olas.

Fotos: 1. Patos arlequines en la distancia.

2. Un cormorán solitario. Al otro lado del agua, la isla Quadra.

3. MIrando al norte desde la punta de Tyee.

El sol se redujo a una mancha un poco menos oscuro entre las nubes. Empezó a llover. Llegué al coche justo a tiempo antes de que se soltara el aguacero. ¡Eso es mi Colombia Británica!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger