Thursday, October 28, 2021

Brand new turkey tails

6 weeks ago, I came across a cut stump in the grass at the Campbell River museum. The cut surface was covered with a fungus I couldn't identify.

As seen, September 18, 2021

Searching for mushrooms again last week, I checked out the same stump. Look at it now!

Fresh new turkey tails.

So that's one mystery solved.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hace mes y medio, encontré en un tronco viejo al lado del bosquecito del museo de Campbell River. Estaba cubierto de un hongo que no pude identificar.

Primera foto: el hongo como lo vi el 18 de septiembre.

La semana pasada, buscando hongos, volvĂ­ a mirar el mismo tronco. Y ahora, ¡mira como se ha desarrollado!

Segunda foto: hongos "cola de pavo", Trametes versicolor.

Un misterio aclarado.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger